If you feel a child is at risk of immediate harm call 999
Careline child services manages all child social care enquiries and referrals. You can contact them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact them on 0151 233 3700 to:
- Raise a concern about a child at risk (if a child is at immediate risk call 101 or 999 in an emergency).
- Arrange an assessment of a child who is seriously ill or disabled, address the family’s needs and provide support.
- Access advice and support from other services.
- Request SEND (special educational needs and disability) early help including short breaks, direct payments, after school and holiday provision, carer’s assessments and support for sleep difficulties or any concerns about the child’s development.
- Enquire about casework, individual child cases or other issues of a sensitive nature.
- Get in touch with a social worker or specific social work team.
NSPCC PHONE NUMBER FOR ADULTS : 0207825 2505 for advice and immediate support
Our school is part of Operation Encompass which is a national scheme that operates jointly between schools and police forces.
Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has experienced domestic abuse.
As a school we have ensured that a member of our staff, (Designated Safeguarding Lead) known as a Key Adult, has been trained in the Operation Encompass procedures allowing us to then use the information that has been shared, in confidence, to support the child/ren in our care.
The Domestic Abuse Act 2021 identifies children who experience domestic abuse as victims of domestic abuse in their own right.
We are keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe this will be extremely beneficial for all those involved.
Some children may be at risk of radicalisation or extermist views. If you are concerned about a child please speak to us in school, you can also access resources below
A FREE HUB OF SAFEGUARDING RESOURCES TO EMPOWER CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND ALL ADULTS SUPPORTING THEM.