Current Job Vacancies can be found here.
Early Years Lead Full time
Job Title: EYFS Leader
Employer: Whitefield Primary School
Job Type: Teaching & Learning
Job Phase: Early Years, Primary
Grade: MPS/UPS & TLR2 dependent on skills and experience
Actual Salary: MPS 5 – UPS3
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Full time
Start Date: Monday, September 3rd, 2018
Closing Date: Friday, April 20th, 2018
About the School
Required for September 2018
EYFS Leader & TLR 2: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale dependent on skills and experience.
Whitefield Primary School is a very successful school situated in Everton, Liverpool. It is an extremely friendly and welcoming community school which was rated as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted in November 2017. The school ethos of ‘Nothing but the Best’ reflects the strong commitment to excellence which is at the heart of the school.
Due to the promotion of the current leader, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, dynamic and suitably qualified EYFS Leader to join our team.
The new manager will be responsible for leading our EYFS unit that caters for up to 90 children across Nursery and Reception. Our well-equipped, spacious unit has access to extensive outdoor provision. The newly appointed leader will lead the EYFS team. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding teacher with strong expertise and a sound working knowledge of high quality Early Years provision. They will be a creative, innovative leader who strives consistently to improve learning and research the most up to date EYFS practice They will demonstrate initiative, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team and will play a pivotal role in delivering the best educational experiences for the children.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding EYFS practitioner with excellent, up to date knowledge of the EYFS curriculum.
- Secures high rates of progress through vibrant and engaging learning.
- Can use their understanding of, and commitment to the learning process to impact every learner.
- Maintains a safe, stimulating, rich and purposeful learning environment to optimise learning.
- Takes responsibility and used on-going assessments to measure progress and adapt teaching and learning.
- Builds strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Effectively implements the latest educational thinking and research.
- Contributes to the school’s values and ethos
- Inspires others, leads by example and is eager to develop leadership skills.
- Is self-reflective and continuously strives to improve practice and that of others.
- Has the vision, drive and strong interpersonal skills to bring the best out of others.
In return we can offer:
- Children who are happy and love to learn.
- Highly committed and friendly staff.
- A culture where all teachers delight in learning and children’s interests are captured.
- A commitment to high quality professional development.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and has safer recruitment procedures in keeping with DFE statutory guidance. The successful candidate will be offered the post subject to all the required DFE pre-employment checks being completed, including an Enhanced DBS Certificate including a Children’s Barred List Check. Our recruitment pack contains key safeguarding policies including our code of conduct for staff and volunteers which everyone must adhere to.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April
Visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged. Tours of the school and EYFS will take place on: Wednesday 11th April and Monday 16th April
If you wish to visit please contact our school office on 0151-263-5976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants are required to complete the generic Application for Employment form for school based staff.
How to Apply
Please download full set of application forms from below or contact Mrs V Sephton on the following email address: email@example.com or school telephone 0151 263 5976 to request application pack.
Please return applications electronically wherever possible.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April 2018
Short Listing Date: Monday 23rd April 2018
Interview Date: Monday 30th April 2018